Responding to Changing Regulations, Consumer Trends and Innovative Technologies
Analyzing the Five Year Forecast - What is to be Expected for the Food Industry?
- Responding to emerging regulations and legislation
- Keeping ahead of retailer demands and consumer trends
- Streamlining operations to boost profitability and safety
- Sourcing and implementing innovative technologies to streamline processes and ensure optimum quality
Paul KannemanNational Managing Partner, Business Advisory ServicesGrant Thornton LLP
How has Packaging Enabled Major Brand Owners to Address Consumer Needs?
Understanding Consumer Trends and Translating these into Packaging and Production Strategies
- Assessing key global packaging trends
- Translating trend assessment into winning product design
- Enabling strategies for winning in the global market place
- What are the recent successes of Heinz?
Dr. Michael OkoroaforVP, Packaging R&D and InnovationH.J. Heinz Company
Interactive Workshop: Food Safety
Maximizing Supply Chain Visibility to Enhance Product Integrity and Security
- How are leading companies using real-time tracking technologies to ensure the integrity and security of their products is maintained?
- Client Case Study: how does the technology work and what are the short and long term implications on the global supply chain?
- Exploring the current and emerging landscapes and trends related to food and beverage supply chain security
Grant WoolfVP, Strategy & Product ManagementSensitech Inc
Supplier Management: The key to ensuring Food Safety, Quality Systems and Ingredient Traceability
- In the Food Industry, every Food ingredient provider is both a “customer” and a “supplier” to someone else. Building relationships with suppliers is essential to a solid Quality program
- Traceability through managing supplier documentation is at the heart of a solid Food Safety Quality system
- Building and maintaining Approved Supplier lists, while score-carding Suppliers with Outreach Portals is an effective way to keep certification costs low
Allen HaasSenior Food Technologist Golden State Foods
Ken BubeckCEO ithos inc.
Working with the Unknown of the FSMA Guidelines
How is the Industry Dealing with the Ambiguity Surrounding the FSMA?
- Understanding FSMA requirements and benchmarking your existing processes/systems against what is known
- Evaluating where there are gaps in our knowledge and what the FDA has promised to publish in their delayed guidelines
- Working with other industry and government organizations to prepare for the unknown
- Promoting continued communication with the FDA
- Balancing the need to have systems installed with unnecessary cost and time waste
Bradd EldridgeDirector QA & Compliance, Food Safety & StrategyAbbott Nutrition
Quality by Design and Change Management
Developing Effective Systems to Manage Change and New Product Development
- Ensuring proactive quality assurance in product development and production
- Best practices in managing operational change
- Building a flexible and collaborative system for R&D and quality assurance in development and production stages
- Re-designing the team model - promoting communication, collaboration, responsibility and ownership
- Translating development needs to the plant and manufacturing levels
- Supporting low risk change management
Len HeflichVP, Quality SystemsBimbo Bakeries
Promoting a Culture of Safety, Consistency and Quality
Building a Comprehensive Culture of Safety as Part of Starbucks' Continued Growth and Expansion into New Markets
- Actioning the Starbucks vision to drive a culture of safety from within
- An update on current operations and expansion - moving into the juice and bakery markets
- Understanding the unique safety and quality requirements for manufacturing these products
- Exploring the design and concept of new product operations - how to maintain productivity without faulting on safety
- Defining an execution plan
- Deploying the execution plan - integrating new processes with existing Starbucks operations without hindering product supply
Sid N. Jhaveri PhDGlobal Director, Quality & RegulatoryStarbucks
Promoting A Culture of Operational Excellence and Lean
Re-evaluating Core Organizational Practices to Support Product Quality and Safety
- Understanding emerging industry requirements and their implications on your technical base and skill set
- Recruiting the best talent to support organizational excellence
- Utilizing diversified professional backgrounds during recruitment - attracting and retaining talent and developing your internal skill base
- Exploring core leadership competencies: recruitment, retention and development
- How can you leverage organizational excellence to promote cost effectiveness?
- Building significant partnerships to promote excellence and success
Melissa Smith-TateSenior Director, Food Safety & QualityHearthside Foods
Interactive Workshop: Food Safety
What is the Relationship between Risk Management and Food Safety Compliance?
- How are business processes introducing risk throughout the enterprise?
- Driving a proactive approach to continuous improvement
- How is risk shaping compliance within the food and beverage industry?
- How are organizations utilizing risk management methods to remain compliant?
Tom BarlowPre-Sales ManagerEtQ
Interactive Workshop: Food Manufacturing
Auditing Every Location and Activity Every Day: Mitigating Brand Risk for Yourself and Your Trading Partners
- Supply chain risk audits: Audits structured to mitigate specific process risks
- Non Compliance Audits: Audits to determine process failures resulting in Customer Complaints, held stock and HACCP Deviations for improvement
- Audit process audits: Audits to understand the effectiveness of the Audit Program for improvement
Harold EwellDirector, Quality Assurance & Food SafetyN2N Global
HACCP and Risk Assessment
Building Key Knowledge of HACCP and the Risk Assessment Process throughout your Workforce
- Generating a knowledge database to support the effective use of a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system
- Identifying limitations and gaps in a rigorous HACCP system
- Using HACCP principles to assess risk away from the production line - supply chain, people, commercial systems, security and regulation
- Verification, monitoring and validation
- Well-documented and implemented HACCP as basis for due diligence defense and future prevention
Rob MommsenDirector, Quality Assurance & Food SafetySabra Dipping Company
Interactive Workshop: Food Manufacturing
Earthbound Farm: A Case Study in the Successful Adoption of Robotics for Use with Fragile Products
- Earthbound Farm, an organic journey
- Exploring challenges and solutions in adopting robotics in secondary packaging of clam pacs
- Achieving return on investment on robotic implementation
- Opportunities for the use of robotics for use in primary packaging of delicate and hard to handle items
Hai ChangDirector of Sales, AmericasAdept Technology, Inc.
Food Defense, Bioterrorism and Security
Preparing your Organization for an Attack on Product Quality and Safety
- What level of responsibility does your organization have when it comes to food defense?
- Generating a functional 'food plan' - identifying internal and external risks of intentional contamination
- Rapidly responding to an attack - deploying response strategies and response teams
Robert FahyDirector, Corporate SecurityKraft Foods Group
Incorporating Realistic Green Principles and Targets into your Production Process
Achieving a footprint that is 80% greener
- Tackling the 'Green Pyramid' - ingredients, processes, manufacturing, packaging and supply chain
- Designing and deploying a formal sustainability program and establishing subsequent implications on existing processes, efficiencies and timelines
- Building data and enforcing proper understanding of 'green' to target appropriate areas and ensure program maintenance
- Implementing strict guidelines and tools to support the transition
- Evaluating different lifecycle tools to achieve total lifecycle 'cradle to grave' transparency
- Maintaining the campaign in face of continuing expansion and globalization
Richard AmmendolaSenior Director & Principal, Sustainability & Upstream ProductivityWrigley a subsidiary of Mars Inc.
Prioritizing Risk Management Strategies into your Global Value Chain
- Addressing the need for value chain-focussed risk management in light of natural disasters, human-crises and the internal demand to boost lean
- Adopting a broader, more holistic approach to managing risk vs. a more narrow quality-requirement focus
- Ensuring your risk management strategy is proactive, not reactive
- Applying ISO principles and guidelines to Coca Cola’s value chain strategy
- Optimizing company culture aspects of risk management to ensure sustainability
John J. BrownDirector, Risk Management, Supply Chain & TechnicalThe Coca-Cola Company